Thursday, April 3, 2014

Blog about bloggers blogging

I read the interview with Bruce Schneider.  I did not relate much to him; he does not own a television, and has no desire to learn to use new operating systems, which  found odd for someone with such an interest in technological security.  However, I liked some of the things he had to say about blogging.  The notion of blogging being about quoting and linking makes me feel like I have a better idea of how to blog.  I also found his advice to be helpful:  "Just do it.  Don't worry about being boring.  Don't worry about being interesting.  Just do it."

Reading this interview made me consider maintaining my own blog.  I've written one blog post in my life; it was about my disappointment with a game, and how the female main character was handled.  If you're curious, it can be found here.  Bruce simply blogs about what interests him, and I would like to do the same.  I would love to blog about being a better informed consumer, including some "how-to" articles to help my readers get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment